Qus 1: In operating system, each process has its own _________.
- address space and global variables
- open files
- pending alarms, signals and signal handlers
- All of these.
Ans : 4. All of these.
Qus 2: An executed program of computer system is called________ .
Ans : 1. Process
Qus 3 : What is the ready state of a process?
- when process is using the CPU
- when process is unable to run until some task has been completed
- when process is scheduled to run after some execution
- All of these
Ans : 3. when process is scheduled to run after some execution.
Qus 4: The address of the next instruction to be executed by the current process is provided by the_____.
- Program Stack
- Program Counter
- CPU Registers
Ans : 2. Program Counter
Qus 5: A Process Control Block(PCB) does not contain which of the following ?
- Bootstrap Program
Ans : 1. Bootstrap Program
Qus 6: Which of the following is not the state of a process?
Ans : 4. Old
Qus 7: The Process Control Block is:
- A secondary storage section
- A Block in memory
- Data Structure
- Process type variable
Ans : 3. Data Structure
Qus 8: The number of processes completed per unit time is known as __________.
Ans : 4. Throughput
Qus 9: Which of the following do not belong to queues for processes ?
- PCB Queue
- Device Queue
- Job Queue
- Ready Queue
Ans : 1. PCB Queue
Qus 10: Which of the following need not necessarily be saved on a context switch between processes ?
- General purpose registers
- Program counter
- Translation lookaside buffer
- All of these
Ans : 3. Translation lookaside buffer